The Challenge 5K Run/Walk:
WHO: Purdue University Center for Cancer Research
WHAT: The Challenge: 5K Run/Walk
WHERE: Ross-Ade Stadium, North end is the start, and finish is in the South end zone on the field. Food and drink will follow the race.
WHEN: Saturday, April 14, 2018. Race starts at 8:30 a.m. Registration starts at 7:00 am and goes until 8:15 am.
WHY: To raise money for cancer research happening at the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research.
- 5K race in Tippecanoe County. This means, participants can officially use their time at this race for qualifying for other races around the state and country. Quite an impressive point of our race.
- Only race that incorporates the community, students and Purdue athletes in Tippecanoe County. An exciting way for the community, staff, and students to join the athletes they cheer on throughout the year and raise money for cancer research.
- All of the money raised goes to support cancer research at the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research. We have amazing sponsors that help offset the costs so that participants registration fees and donations go directly to help find a cure for cancer right here at Purdue.
- We have raised, in total, over $715,000 for cancer research right here at Purdue. This is thanks to the dedication of our sponsors, participants, and of course the very talented researchers we have on staff at the Center.
- Participation: The Challenge annually attracts around 1,800 or more each year. The race began in 2008.
- This year the Purdue Center for Cancer Research is celebrating 38 years as a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, one of only 68 designated centers in the U.S. Since the mid-1970’s researchers at Purdue University have been investigating causes, improving early detection and diagnosis, and developing effective treatments for cancer. The funds raised by participants in The Challenge support this work and novel research that can lead to greater discoveries.
- Purdue head football coach, Jeff Brohm.
EVENT Schedule: Packet pick-up, registration, and the race all take place at the North End of Ross-Ade Stadium
FRIDAY - 4:00 to 7:00 pm - Packet Pick-up and Registration
SATURDAY - 7:00 to 8:15 am - Packet Pick-up and Registration
SATURDAY - 8:05 am - Welcome and Warm-Up
SATURDAY - 8:30 am - Start of Race
** Please note: We reserve the right to produce and distribute photos of all participants for our web page and other promotional materials.